This is a gentle hands on therapy. I notice the rhythm, direction depth and quality of the lymph flow and assist in restoring it’s balance. The lymphatic flow can be hindered or stopped due to surgery, trauma, burns, infections, swelling, fatigue, stress or age. When the lymph circulation stagnates, fluids, proteins, cells and toxins accumulate. Cellular functioning is significantly compromised.
The proper function of the lymphatic system is critical to our body’s ability to drain stagnant fluids, detoxify, regenerate tissues, filter out toxins and foreign substances and maintain a healthy immune system.
Results from lymph drainage therapy may be:
- Reduction in edemas
- Relief of chronic and subacute inflammation such as acne, eczema and allergies
- Immune system stimulation for preventive and therapeutic effects
- Regeneration of tissues from scarring and aging
- Detoxification of the body
- Relief of chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress, memory loss
- Reduction in symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
Because it is so important in feeling great, most sessions include attention to your lymphatic system.